Friday, January 3, 2020

One of the strangest situations that I know of for the 1st Day of the New Year is opening an email whose subject line says: Judging Status has changed for "The Messenger * Hermes Remembers." 
Now, this email came around 8 pm so one does not know whether they should wait until tomorrow and save the day as it is or open the email and find out.
Now my instinct says to wait until tomorrow because I have had a few really difficult days lately and what I do not need right now is any form of bad news. So with that said, I decided to see the email even though I know the odds have been about 65/35
That is 65% NO and 35% YES. This is what I found.
Dear Algis,
Congratulations! PLEASE Read this entire email in full, as it is very important and we do not want to cause any confusion.
Please Note: Participation in this festival is not mandatory and your choosing to not be a part of it will not affect any standing with other Lift-Off competitions worldwide in any way.
To remove yourself from the competition simply click the first link in the congratulations email that we will be sending out to you shortly.
We will also be in touch in a couple of days with more details. Please keep an eye on your inbox!
In the meantime, please follow the link below to receive your participating laurels:
Thanks!
The Lift-Off Team
Pinewood Studios, London

No comments: